|Beta Force Home > Astaxanthin > Cardiovascular Health
Astaxanthin for Cardiovascular Health
It seems that astaxanthin is really a wonder supplement. There have been numerous studies and researches that gave positive and significant results. They have proven time and time again that astaxanthin is really beneficial to one’s health.
In some of the studies conducted, it was discovered that astaxanthin supplements, are valuable because of its potent antioxidant properties; It is a great vision support supplement; It is even shown positive results for weight loss, for those who want to lose a pound or two. In its many benefits, it is also important to note that it can also help support cardiovascular health, which is as we know many people worry about adverse cardiovascular issues.
Astaxanthin supplementation for proper cardiovascular support and health is a smart move. Adverse Cardiovascular events are the number one cause of American deaths and this news is sunshine across the rain for those who are suffering from it or somebody who has a family history of cardiovascular conditions. In one study Astaxanthin was shown to have “anti-inflammatory, antidiabetic, antihypertensive, and antioxidative activities.”
Astaxanthin for cardiovascular health is a very effective method because of astaxanthin’s several beneficial qualities and characteristics. There are two major Astaxanthin properties that have been shown to make it a great candidate as a cardiovascular support supplement. One is its power as a potent antioxidant and two is its ability to alleviate the inflammation. These are the obvious reasons why astaxanthin for cardiovascular health have great potential.
Evidences have shown that the natural Astaxanthin can aid in the improvement of blood lipid profiles by significantly reducing the number of the low density lipoproteins or LDL (they are also called the bad cholesterol) and the triglycerides. This is all possible because of astaxanthin’s action of increasing the high density lipoproteins or HDL (good cholesterol).
In addition, numerous studies of astaxanthin, it has demonstrated different positive results across a wide range of health related issues. It has been discovered from both human and animal clinical trials that it improves plaque stability in the arteries and it has been attested over and over again that it can lower LDL.
Another potential of astaxanthin for cardiovascular health is its ability to support proper blood pressure. Although the study involved only animal subjects, the results were very promising. It has been shown from that animal trial that hypertensive mice who have been placed on a astaxanthin protocol can modulate the oxidative condition and may improve vascular elastin and arterial wall thickness in hypertension as compared to the control group. The ability of astaxanthin to help support proper blood pressure levels comes from its property of alleviating inflammation through the modulation of nitric oxide. Nitric oxide is a causative factor of inflammation and thus also effects blood pressure levels. It was also concluded that astaxanthin can lower the risks of exercise-induced damage to the circulatory system and muscles.
If you are interested with the benefits of Astaxanthin for cardiovascular health, please compare astaxanthin products offers you the highest quality product for the best price.
- Martin Guerin, Mark E. Huntley and Miguel OlaizolaE-mail The Corresponding Author, Haematococcus astaxanthin: applications for human health and nutrition, Trends in Biotechnology Volume 21, Issue 5, May 2003, Pages 210-216
- Retrometabolic syntheses of astaxanthin: a novel approach to oral and parenteral cardio-protection. Lockwood SF, Jackson HL, Gross GJ. Cardiovasc Hematol Agents Med Chem. 2006 Oct;4(4):335-49.
- Hidekatsu Yanai, Kumie Ito, Hiroshi Yoshida, Norio Tada; Antihypertensive effects of astaxanthin; Department of Internal Medicine; Institute of Clinical Medicine and Research; Department of Laboratory Medicine, The Jikei University School of Medicine, Chiba, Japan
- Naguib YM. Antioxidant activities of astaxanthin and related carotenoids. J Agric Food Chem 2000 Apr;48(4):1150-4.
- Pashkow FJ, Watumull DG, Campbell CL., Astaxanthin: a novel potential treatment for oxidative stress and inflammation in cardiovascular disease. Am J Cardiol. 2008 May 22;101(10A):58D-68D.
- Li W, Hellsten A, Jacobsson LS, Blomqvist HM, Olsson AG, Yuan XM., Alpha-tocopherol and astaxanthin decrease macrophage infiltration, apoptosis and vulnerability in atheroma of hyperlipidaemic rabbits., J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2004 Nov;37(5):969-78.
- Hussein, G., Goto, H., Oda, S., et al 2006. Antihypertensive potential and mechanism of action of astaxanthin: III Antioxidant and histopathological effects in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Bio Pharm Bull, 29:684-8
- Monroy-Ruiz J, Sevilla MÁ, Carrón R, Montero MJ., Astaxanthin-enriched-diet reduces blood pressure and improves cardiovascular parameters in spontaneously hypertensive rats.Pharmacol Res. 2011 Jan;63(1):44-50. Epub 2010 Sep 22.
CONTACT US / NEWS / SITE MAP